We must emphasise that in the case of an emergency, where a person’s immediate safety and well-being is at risk, please dial 999 to be connected to emergency services.
Other sources of help and support
Out-of-hours (before 9am and after 5pm)
- Dial 999 for emergency response
- Go to your nearest Accident & Emergency department (A&E).
- NHS-24: FREEPHONE 111 – available 24 hours.
- The Samaritans: FREEPHONE - 116 123 – available 24 hours.
- Sane Line: LOCAL CALL RATE - 0300 304 7000 – available 4.30pm-10.30pm.
- Contact the out-of-hours G.P. service at your practice: Google the name of your G.P. practice + “out-of-hours G.P.”
During day-time hours (9am-5pm)
- Non-urgent/emergency: Contact your G.P. to make an appointment
- Non-emergency: Contact your Communiuty Mental Health Team (CMHT) if you already have contact with them. Ask to speak to your care manager or the on-duty worker.